Breathing trouble, chest tightness after living in mold infested studio. Reason?

Im a 24 year old female that never had any serious health problems. A year ago i felt like a could not breath right a couple of times but didn t pay much attention to it, but this last 6 months my breathing has became worse. I wake up a lot during the night not being able to catch my breath, some times im sitting watching tv and i feel like i can t breath.I also feel tightnees on my chest and start coughing a lot out off no where, it feels like i can t take a deep breath. I lived in a small studio that had mold and stayed there for about a year. Is it possible that the mold caused me asthma? since i never had problems breathing before. Thank you for your attention.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012