Breathing difficulty, coughing, no phlegm. On medication to calm cough, penicillin, losing voice. Treatment for cough?

Hello Doctors, can you please help me with my problem.. I don t know if it s really serious but i have a shortness of breathing and i cough a lot but there s no phlegm that comes out. I hate to be sick like this. It lasts already for 2 weeks... I went to the doctor and he gave me a medicine to calm the cough and indeed it calmed but experienced shortness of breathing then. I went again to the doctor cause my throat was swelling a bit and they gave me a penicillin antibiotics for my throat and lately i experienced almost losing my voice. I don t understand myself right now...Always coughing for nothing... I m taking robitusin for my cough and i stopped the calmidone but it never helped still... I need some advice from an expert. Hope to hear from u. Thanks a lot
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012