Breathing difficulty, cervical spondylosis, headaches. History of ITP, low platelet count. Treatment?

sir, I am an ITP patient with low platelet count.Past 7 years i have been suffering with this.Not continuous treatment. But day to day my health is going to weak though count is normal. now breathing difficulty, cervical spondylosis , headache, faint, tiredness etc. are the leading problems. Please let me know any other complications in future?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Hello Sruthi
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you have been having Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura for the last 7 years. It is a slowly progressing disease. The mainstay of treatment for ITP is steroids and they are usually effective. The main aim of treatment is to maintain a normal platelet count . If the platelet count falls significantly. then spleen might have to be removed. As you mentioned, your platelet count is normal and that should be your main aim. The signs and symptoms you mentioned here are commonly seen in ITP patients but they can also be seen with other diseases. As we don't know if you are on any treatment for ITP, we would not be able to comment on the exact reason behind this. You should get in touch with your Hematologist or Doctor and find the exact cause. Hope this helps
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon