Breathing difficulty after taking Bystolic and running. Will it change with time?

Greetings, I ve tried for years to run-walk (9 to 21 miles per week) while taking beta blockers for hypertension . No Beta blocker ever allowed me to run more than 25 yards at a time before needing to walk and catch my breath. I had much better luck with Norvasc ( amlodipine besylate) but can no longer take it because of leg swelling. I have started taking Bystolic and have been told that even though it is a beta blocker, it will not inhibit my running. I did my first 5k run-walk today on Bystolic and think I m feeling the same restrictions in breathing ...will more time change that so I can run better?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012