Breastfeeding, sore left breast, burning sensation, small lump on breast. Blood blister or infection?

I m currently breastfeeding my 8 week old. A few days ago my left breast was sore. Even after emptying out my milk. It was a burning sensation. Tuesday evening I noticed a pea-sized large raised bump. It resembles a pimple . This bump is on the edge of my areola . Yesterday it burned and was very painful to touch. Today it still the same size but it started to itch a little. I started to rub at it and now it s painful again. What is this? How do I get rid of it? I also pump my milk. Not sure if its a blood blister or some sort of infection. Your insight would be appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013