Breastfeeding, had bright red discharge post sex first time after delivery. Cause?

Hi my question is, I have a seven month old baby and am still breastfeeding , my husband and I waited for seven month before having sexual intercourse. So for the first time having sex after birith there was a little bright red discharge and I had my period a 2 weeks ago. Is this normal and also I will be going to visit my doc next week. I did postnatal check up after the six weeks of birth and everything was gud and normal.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012