Breastfeeding child having abdominal pains, crying and passing frothy stools. How to control it?

Hi, My name is Denata and I have a 3.5months old son. I am breastfeeding him, but it seems that he is having a very difficult time becuase of abdominal pains, especially during the night. He is crying for over 3hours in a row. Controling his diapers I notice that he is having frothy stool and this is when his condition seems to be agravated. I have stoped taking milk in my daily diet, but I am having a lot of cheese and yogurt. I need to understand what is causing the troubles to my son. I was suggested from our pediatrician to try the diet of hunger for 24h, feeding water and some starch based food (starch boiled with water and a little sugar), after this he got improved, but after 2-3 days my son started again complaining and frothy stool? Please help me understand what is happening and what to do? Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012