Breast soreness, muscle pull, more on coughing. Had triple bypass, catheter for clogs in veins. Treatment?

Had triple bypass seven months ago ....goin in for a cather in one week now just to make sure there are no more clogs in my veins.... this a.m. i felt a soreness in the right side of my left breast ... like a muscle soreness .... its still ther.... more prevelant when i cough .... not painful but more like a muscle pull
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a rib injury. Some time rib fracture can also occur due to violent coughing. I advice you to take rest, Diclofenac ointment and Brufen tablet for pain relief. I would also suggest you to do hot water fomentation.