Breast feeding, taking birth control, sexually active, started bleeding. Medical care required?

I had a baby one month ago. I am exclusivly breastfeeding and am taking Nora-BE for birth control . my fiance and i started having sex 3 weeks after i gave birth with condoms and this morning after having sex early in the middle of the night i woke up to period like bleeding . it hasnt stopped throughout the day and i dont know if it is just my period starting back up, but i was under the impression that because i only breastfeed i shouldnt get my period for a much longer time than this. i just want to know if i should go see my doctor sooner than my 6 week check-up
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013