Breast feeding, had brownish spottings, period like pains, tiredness. Reason for spotting?

Hi, im 4 months post partum and i am breastfeeding and 2 weeks ago I had what looked like spots of blood but was brownish in colour. This lasted for about 5-6 days i thought it was my period starting up again. Then 3 days ago i had the same thing again but lasted only one day but this time the blood spotting was a pinky red colour and I had period like pains and felt very tired and weak. I went to my local GP and she said that I could be pregnant and that i should take a pregnancy test and if negative to wait a week and then try another test. Im very healthy and I had a natural birth with no complications. Can you advise me on what this spotting could be?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013