Breast engorgement in earlier deliveries causing reduced milk causing baby to be fed with formula. How can I avoid this?

During all my babies, i got milk on the 3rd day, it resulted in engorgement , I tried to feed the baby from the engorged nipple , in about 24 hours it resloved but the milk supply reduced, n I was not able to satisfy the baby, it happened in all 3 delivires n I was stuck with no choice except formula, please advice as I am carrying my 4th now n don t want the same to happen again
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012