Breast cancer operated, removed lymphnodes. Suggested chemotherapy with sideeffects, given blood platelets. Was the treatment correct?

Hello Just want to know if the treatment given to my mother was correct.My mother had stage 2 breast cancer and was operated in Janurary.They also remouved the lympnodes and found 2 of it having cancer cells .Docs suggested her to have 4 section of chemotherapy every 3 weeks .Thought it was the right decision and she had after nearly a month afetr operation her first chemo but she had side effects and her blood count went down.THe oncologist said that it is normal and had to wait between 14 to 18days for theblood count to come back...Afetr which they gave her blood platelets etc but she did not come out of it and passed away..Please let me know if she was treated correctly.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012