Breast cancer, cardiomyopathy, tachycardia. Low BP, lightheadedness. Does ICD make sense in my case?

I am 58 yo female. Following doxorubicin for bc, was Dx d with severe dilated cardiomyopathy (2008) Did fairly well for a few years. Now EF = 20-25. Also sustained tachycardia . CHF No arrythmia Am currently on low dose coreg, lisinopril , florosimide. Coreg being titrated to maximize effectiveness. Blood pressure low Average about 88/60. Experience lightheadedness. Cardiologist urging ICD. Would have to be implanted on Rt side as left side mastectomy leaves little tissue avail. I don t really want the ICD. Do not feel the risks outweigh benefits at this point. Given that my condition will likely worsen Id prefer to die quickly than suffer organ failure, pain and debilitation. Am I too pessimistic? Does ICD make sense in my case
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012