Breaks into cold sweats, shakes, headaches, nauseated, chest pains. Is this depression or panic attacks ?

For the past yr and a half my husband has been having what we think are panic attacks. The dr he saw last said depression after doing a cbc & glucose level test- all normal. He breaks into cold sweats, shakes, has headaches , is nauseated. Recently he s started having chest pains from the back of his neck down to his jaw, left arm & ending at his chest. He s lost over ten lbs in a week & not trying to- he does eat but that s the only thing that gets him out of the bed. he is in the bed 15-20 hrs a day unless he has to be up. He says he is always tired & when he is asleep & i touch him to wake him he wakes up startled & disoriented. Says he has the spells in his sleep as well, as he still feels bad once he wakes, when sleeping use to help them stop. He can not function normally at all. In fact he s lost jobs because of this and no one can tell us what s going on. He s not under any stress & he s not unhappy. Can someone point us in the right direction?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012