Breaking out in hives, allegra/zyrtec did not work. Can a gluten free diet help ?

I have been breaking out in hives for the past month and allegra/zyrtec did not work. i am waiting for my rx to come in the mail but in the mean time how can i get rid of these FAST? they re keeping me up at night and are so ugly and itchy. I m 20 and have seasonal allergies, but am not sure if these are a result from an allergic reaction or stress (college student, recent bad breakup). Also, could this mean I need a gluten free diet?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012