Break of my pill, Am I pregnant ?

i pregnant? i took my 7 day break of my pill the week running up to xmas but id not have a period. i did a test but it was negative. I did another on new years eve that was also negative. i have not taken my pill since but i have still not ha a period. i have swolen brests, i have gained weight and feel pregnant.

Asked On : Fri, 8 Jan 2010

Sorry I know this is her question...but taking Birth Control can cause store bought pregnancy tests to come back negetive even though you may be pregnant? Im taking Birth control only because I have PCOS and my OBGYN told my to by I stopped a month ago because i hadnt had a period in 3 months. I have a very small chance of having a baby and I dont want to keep taking birth control and causing a miscarage because of the birth control because a store bought test said i was negative...

Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Harmonal pills can known to alter the results of the pregnancy test.. hence can give you a false negative reports...Hence I would suggest you to get a vaginal ultralsound done to rule out pregnancy....