Brachycepahly found in pregnancy ultrasound. Low lying placenta. Will this cause Down syndrome?

hello, I had an ultrasound at 33.6w. all measurements seemed on track except BPD 80mm (as 32.1w) and CI 88.3% Brachicephaly. the baby is head down and his head was actually squeezed against anterior placenta which seemed pretty low lying to me. my doctor said the ultrasound is great, but I am worried as I read that Brachicephaly might suggest Down syndrom... i would really appreciate your opinion. thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
The mild decrease in the size of the head at 33 weeks is not worrisome. This minor discrepancy can correct itself with a catch up growth once the baby is born. You can go for a repeat scan after 2 weeks to see the rate of growth.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal