Bowel movement had pinkish water. Same symptom experienced before, after eating beets. Solution?

I just had a bowel movement that was otherwise normal, but the water looked sort of pinkish/brown. There was no indication of blood (pink or otherwise) on the paper or on the stool . I had beets last night at dinner, and have experienced this symptom before after eating beets. On the other hand , I am a 53 yr. old man w/a long history of Crohn s Disease (in remission since I was 20 after resection), so I am a bit wary of such symptoms. My last colonoscopy was 10 months ago--everything normal. No family history of cancer . Any thoughts? Mark
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013