Bowel issues with black and green loose stool. Is soda helpful in this ?

I have been having bowel issues. Sometimes it is blackish and tar like but 90% of the time I have soft stool. If I eat say a steak, corn, green beans within a few hours or by the next morning all of that is coming out. I know that it is normal for the bowel to take 3 days for it to break down you bowl. This has been going on for about a year and is getting worse. I also really do not have any control to very little control on trying to hold it back to make it to the potty because it comes out with force like diarrah. I always feel very gassy. About two months ago I quit drinking soda which I was drinking about a 2lt. a day. I now drink water, juices, and flavor packet that you add to your water. At 1st when I stopped soda it got better now it seems to be getting worse. If you happen to know anything that could help please let me know.
Asked On : Tue, 31 May 2011