Bowel cancer spread to liver

My mum was diagnosed with primary bowel cancer and secondary liver cancer 6 months ago. The tumors in the bowel were removed but due to the amount of tumors in her liver and the areas that they are in, they have told us it is incurable.

She was given a diagnosis of 2 years to live, if the chemo worked enough to slow the growth of the tumors. Luckily the chemo has been working.

I would like to know roughly how long, once the chemo stops working, she will have before the cancer kills her. I have heard that some people have the chemo throughout their bodies within a month or two of stopping chemo, and they die very quickly after.

She is 57 years old and has never been sick..

Asked On : Tue, 20 Jul 2010