Bottom stitch torn from a sebaceous cyst surgically removed, still incision not healed. Worried ?

I had a sebaceous cyst surgically removed from my back on 3/14/13. After 2 wks (on 3/28/13) the stitches were removed and during this procedure, dr's assistant noted that bottom stitch had begun to tear a little. She cleaned the incision and put sterile plastic strips (about 5-6) across the entire incision. She told me to leave them alone...they will fall off. On 3/31/13, I noticed bottom strip is beginning to fall off. But, I also note at this point the incision has opened up a little. Is this something I should be worried about?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013