Bottom of tongue extremely dry. What is the dry patch there?

The side of my tongue , towards the bottom of it is really dry and no matter how much water/liquids I drink, it s still dry. But it s just on one side and the rest of my mouth is completely moisturized. It s just a very dry patch of the bottom part of my tongue on one side that is like this. This is the first day it has been happening and I just want it to not be dry and I want to know if I should be worried.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query, i have gone through your question, the dryness on the ventral aspect of your tongue and floor of the mouth could be because of the decreased salivary secretion secondary to a stone within the gland duct causing obstruction to salivary flow...or it could be secondary to diabetes, or certain drugs like antihistamines.. consult a oral need to take mandibular cross sectional occlusal radiograph to rule out any stone... i hope my answer will help you...take care..