Bottom lip burnt with blisters, tried Abreva, slightly relieved. Now spreading to entire lip after eating sweets. Allergy to sugar ?

Hi. At Halloween time, I ate chocolate and other sweets which I typically do not eat. The next day my bottom lip burned, was inflammed, and contained a few small blister like bumps. I treated with Abreva as I do have a history of cold sores . However, the blisters are much smaller and less pain and do not crust over. Over the next several days the blisters spread across my lip...each section of bumps healing after a few days. After dealing with this for about 2 weeks, my lips were back to normal until the other night after I ate a very sweet piece of cake. My lip had 2 blisters within minutes, and now the blisters are yet again spreading across my entire lip. Could this be an allergy to sugar.? My everyday diet is high protein, lots of almonds, and eggs . Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012