Both eyes going blind for few minutes on random basis. What could be the cause?

Hi from time to time i have gone blind in my one eye. It has also happened in the other eye at very random times. Sometimes it happens over a three week period and other times only once every few years. Its just like a black cover that slowly covers my eye but only lasts for a minute or so, although it is very frightening. Can you please help tell me what the cause is. I am a very uptight person who has suffered panic attacks. Many thanks. Lyn
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012