Born with short gut syndrome. Using medical marijuana for gastrointestinal problems. Concerned about medication side effects

I was born with short gut syndrome, I will be 29 next week. I have been using medical marijuana to treat many life long gastrointestinal issues I have faced. I recently had to discontinue this treatment option, and am on no medications. Medical marijuana alone was incredibly successful, I was the healthiest I ever have been.
I recently have been experiencing constant diarrhea, and have yellowish orange mucousy anal discharge.
I am trying as hard as I can to stay away from prescription medications, as I end up with far too many side effects and was prescribed further medication to great those. When I was on medications last, I was taking between 25-30 pills a day.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013