Born with little toes going up over fourth toe. Is this problem hereditary ?

I was born with my little toes going up over the fourth toe.I m now sixty years old...when I was eighteen I had the bones removed from both little toes which made them alot shorter...I have a six week old grandson who has one little toe that looks just like mine did..guess it is hereditory,since my mothers brother also had the deformity .I was wondering if there is anything other than remove the bones that they can do to fix this on my grandson...It was a horrible thing to grow up with and I still don t wear sandles that people can see them...Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013