Borderline thyroid, have slight change in speech, got nausea, weakness, hair fall after taking Levothyroxine. Cause?

Hi, I am a 38 year old female, and I have had borderline thyroid for the last 7 years but was not put on any medication for it. But in May 2012, I noticed a slight change in my speech, I don t know whether I should call it slurred speech or a slight change in the pronounciation of some parts of certain words. My GP said it could be due to low thyroid so started me on Levothyroxine 25mcg. My speech went back to normal after 1 - 2 weeks, however since last November the same symptom came back again and this time it is ongoing and more noticeble to myself, although my family say they cannot notice any difference. I went to my GP again ( was seen by a different doctor ) had a blood test done. The doctor said low thyroid should not cause speech problems but he increased Levothyroxine to 50mcg and referred me to a Neurologist for a second opinion. I have been losing some hair since the last 4-5 months, but since the last few weeks I have been feeling a bit weak and very nauseous. I am very worried especially due to the change in my speech. I will really appreciate it if you can advise me of what could be the cause of my speech problem and nausea . THANK YOU
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013