Borderline diabetic taking iron supplements. Will this increase the sugar levels?

I am borderline type 2 diabetic. I have been without carbs for two months now and I am on no meds for it however i am suppose to take and iron supplements daily and I hadn t aken any for at least a week. I was very tired today and remembered to take and iron pill , had cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast I checked my blood surgar two hours later and it was 220. It has never been that high. Could the iron pills cause this higher reading Figured there had to be a gimick. Pay ot no answer. I will get my questions from doctors, so thanks for nothing
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013