Bony tops of feet have very sensitive nerve, whole top of feet swollen. Causes ?

The boney tops of my feet have very sensitive nerve areas almost dead center on both feet worse on the right foot which has a bunion . just the slightest brush of a finger across the spot causes ridiculous pain for about a year now on and off... recently I had a bug bite on the inside of one toe which was driving me nuts so i tried to itch it with my left heel and hit that painful top of my right foot, now the whole top of the foot is bruised and swollen. Did I break a blood vessel? And if so what would cause them to be so easily damaged?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013