Bone marrow edema, joint effusion in elbow. Getting cured. What are the best treatment options in my case?

Greetings from Bulgaria. I am a 24 years old male,height:1,85cm,weight:95kg. MRI scan of my right elbow shows signs of a Bone marrow edema along the Lateral and Medial epycondile as well as mild joint effusion in the elbow joint predominantly along the Lateral aspect. No signs of inflammation or suspected tears along the tendons. My personal history with the injury: Three years ago when i was working out in the gym i started feeling a dull ache and stiffness along the distal biceps tendon,the surrounding forearm muscles and the biceps muscle. Initialy i gave it rest for a whole year and treated my elbow with anti inflammatory medications prescribed by an orthopedic. The dull pain sansation didnt go away,it got worse the more i was resting my right elbow. I was 21 years old back then now i am 24. Three months ago i underwent an MRI scan with the hope to find out the origin of my chronic injury. The doctors i went to diagnosed me with (Tennis elbow) but if this was true then why would i feel pain and stiffness around the area surrounding the distal biceps tendon ? Also one can clearly see and feel scar tissue around the forearm muscles and distal biceps part.It feels like a very tight knot underneath the skin. For three months i tried different kinds of physical therapies like Cold Laser Therapy,ESWT,Massage Therapy(Gua Sha therapy),Ultrasound and Hot/cold therapy. I have some significant improvement after combining massage therapy with ultrasound. The tight scar tissue is now soft but its still there. So is there any hope that i can regain my pre injury fucntional level in the elbow with just physical therapy or is surgery needed to remove the scar tissue ? I am also curious why the scar tissue is not seen on the MRI scan. The most weird part is that when i bend my elbow and stretch out my forearm in a pronated position (palm down) i can feel a snaping between the Medial epycondile and the triceps muscle. What are the best treatment options in my case ? I am very thankfull for every answer and for your help. Alex Andreev
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013