Boils on the face, prescribed Azithral. Is it effective?

My daughter is 20 years old and has boils on her face . Doctor has advised her to take 12 tablets of Azithral 500 mg in 4 weeks and weekly does is 1 tablet for three days and then a gap of 4 days. That is this weekly does of 1 tablet for 3 days and then a gap of 4 days is to be repeated for a total of 4 weeks. i.e., Azithral 500 mg .......12 tablets 1x3 and a gap of 4 days and this is to be repeated for 4 weeks. What is your advice?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
It seems that your daughter may be having acne vulgaris. As, this dose of azithromycine is advised by your doctor. He is right and you give same dose..but she should continue this tab. In same dose for few months. And, apply clindamycine gel on the lesions. She may be benefitted after few months.
I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD