Boil under arm leaking puss and blood, large knots in armpit, large nodule leaking yellow oil and blood. On steroids for back problem. Side effects?

I thought I had a boil under my arm. It leaked puss and blood for 3-4 days, then large knots formed in my armpit and down my side. It's been about a month and now I have a bunch of whiteheads that won't pop and one large nodule that is new and is the size of a golf ball that leaks yellow oil for a while followed by blood and then nothing for a few hours. I've been on steroids for 3 months on and off for my back so I'm at a loss for what is going on. This didnt show up until I started steroids and I told my orthopedic dr and he said he had never heard of steroids causing boils or anything like this and hasn't done anything further. Should I go to my family dr to get this looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Sep 2013