Boil, sensitive, suspecting lipoma, weight lift and back pressure frequent, protein shakes, energy drinks

Hello! How can you tell the difference between a boil or a lipoma? I am a 21 year old college student who generally weight lifts and pressure on my mid-back is quite frequent. Additionally, I drink many supplements including protein shakes and energy drinks. For this reason, I have concluded it is most likely lipoma. However, from what I have researched, lipoma is generally genetic and soft to touch. My bump is sensitive when touched and sweat build up and poor hygiene may have resulted in a boil. Also, there are no additional bumps around my body, therefore leading me to believe it may be a boil. Any help would be great! Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012