Boil on buttocks, painful. Taking bactrim. Any medication for relief?

My doctor told me I have a pimple/boil under my skin at the top of my buttocks. It is EXTREMELY painful and uncomfortable. I've been applying bactraban ointment to the area 3 times a day, and taking Bactrum by mouth 2 times a day for 4 days straight.. I still have yet to feel any relief from the pressure and pain. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
If you feel despite taking antibiotics , you are not having desirable response then it is better tocosult a surgeon to get tge lesion incised and drained. It would immediately resolve the pressure and pain. However you will have to continue the antibiotics till lesion resolve.
Hope that helped