Bodyaches, fatigue, severe headaches, sore throat. On amoxicillin, metformin. No relief even after 3 days. Reason?

My husband has some type of infection, thinking strep because my daughter had a positive strep test. My husband was tested but his rapid came back negative. He is suffering from body aches fatigue severe headaches and sore throat . He was put on Amoxicliin on Friday and has taken 3 days worth. His blood pressure is 119/78 and he does not have a temp. He is taking metformin also. Should he still feel this bad after 3 days? He was also tested for the flu on Friday and it was negative.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013