Body rash, child also has similar rash. Itching. What could this be?

I have a rash that first started on my arms around my wrists and has now spread to my chest , neck , and stomach . At first I thought it was an allergic reaction or a heat rash but it s lasted for about 2 weeks now and my 5 months old now has a similar rash as well that started at her diaper area and I also at first thought that this was a heat rash but now it s spread on her as well up her chest and neck. It is very itchy for both of us! What could this be and how can I get this gone?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012