Body pain, loss of appetite, unable to urinate. Increased WBC count. Causes for symptoms?

HI, My mom suddenly had body pains, she is not able to eat anything or drink anything. They admitted her in hospital. The white blood cells count increased a lot upto 20K, I am not sure which WBC increased in specific. Doctors started some antibiotic treatment to check for any infection. She is not urinating though they gave cylins and liquid. They called for a kidney specialist now. Could anyone tell me what the issue could be? Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012