Body pain, leg pain. Relief when using hot water with salt. Reason?

My mother aged 56 has pain all over her body. Body pain happens whenever she walks for long time, or keeps sitting or even when she is lying in bed for a long time. Whenever she is in a particular position for a long time pain occurs in her legs or calf , and waist . Also in spine . If she uses hot water with salt then she gets relief. It has been happening past 22 years and did not get a proper relieve. I would like to know why it may happen .. what should be further action.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013