Body pain, joint pain. Urinalysis done, protein detected, ANA results abnormal. Causes for symptoms?

Two years ago then 14 year old was was seen for a routine physical and her urinalysis was 3+ for protein . We did the 24 urine collection which was the same and had an renal ultrasound done in which they said something about how her kidneys reflected light or something..and they asked if she had ever had kidney surgery. We were then referred to the nephrologist who shrugged it off...but couldn t explain what the problem was and why here ANA results were abnormal (speckled ??) Wanted to see her back in 6 months (which we didn t return). Well she is an active basketball player and has been since she was 9 yrs old. She now complains daily of body and joint pain . Someone mentioned lupus and fibromialgia to me but i m not sure what these symptoms sound the way she is 16 yrs old now and to be an athlete she is always drop dead tired (when she s not playing sports) and complains daily of body pain.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012