Body jerking in sleep, have chiari malformation, dizziness, weakness

I think that I may have had seizures in my sleep. Most recently, I awoke to my entire body jerking like someone was repeatedly shocking me. I was fully aware, but could not do anything about it. This has happened a couple times before in the past few years. It lasts about a few seconds up to a minute and then when it is over, I usually roll over and fall back asleep because I am so exhausted. I was recently diagnosed with a very mild chiari malformation with some symptoms of dizziness and body weakness. I am extremely healthy otherwise.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012