Body itch that gets severe. Full blown yeast infection. Can sex make things worse?

Hi, I have a strange problem going on, and am getting little to no answers from my husbands or my doctor. I am beginning to think I am allergic to my husband. My husband started taking citalopram about 8 months ago. Since he has started that, everytime he kisses my neck or body I itch in that area like crazy, but don t develop any obvious rash. Oral sex and unprotected regular sex (I have a mild allergic reaction to latex condoms ) has started causing constant vaginal itching. It may start an hour after, and sometimes 12 hrs later. I don t really have the symptoms of a full blown yeast infection , but do have crazy itching, sometimes I become swollen and sore, and maybe a little increase in discharge. I have never been one to previously get yeast infections but maybe once or twice a year max. Doctors have told me its possible I ve developed a seman allergy, but this doesn t explain the itching when he kisses my body, or even the throat itching when we kiss. Could I really have a severe allergy to his medication, THROUGH him? I keep being told everything is just a coincidence because it would be so rare. We experimented by refraining from sex for one.week, everything cleared up and I felt normal again. To then go back to having sex and starting this.viscous cycle again. I am at my wits end not knowing if its me, or him, or what. Any suggestions to help us figure out what the cause would be??
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there. It is very difficult to pinpoint allergens unless one does 'prick' or 'patch' testing & it can be done at a local allergy clinic or at your dermatologists'. Yes i do believe you are stressed & consider that as a factor. Also it is possible that you can have more than one allergy. It may neither be him or could be an extraneous factor like latex, his medications are unlikely. Try taking a non-sedative antihistamine like fexofenadine 180mg that acts over a 24 hr period for a 2 week course & if it helps, it is safe to 'pop' one anytime. Cheers & Hope this helps..give us a shout & review/ feedback if it does
Good Luck & here's to a fruitful sex life!