Body bloating, feeling agitated, intense pressure on head, difficulty concentrating, burning sensation, tenderness in breast. Had severe lactic acidosis from metformin. Cause?

Hi 40 yr F,5 4, 125 (gained 20 lbs [water weight??] in 1 mo) extreme whole body bloating starting 2 days before last menses (now 27 days ago) In addition, I feel like a RAGING BULL (opposite of my calm temperament), to the point of avoiding conversations and friends all month (no outside emo environment variables). Head feels under intense pressure, yet different from a headache.I cannot concentrate on simplest things and stare off into space (not normal, have college degree/love books) Shower hurts my scalp. I feel an internal fire inside me, and arms and legs feel like sunburned (though no sun exposure). recent lab showed normal tsh (well, within normal range) glucose was 2 points above normal. Cholesterol was fine. This whole month, you could not give me a free massage. I avoided wearing my bra all month bc of breast tenderness. No chance I could be pregnant . Not long before all the swelling started, had a severe lactic acidosis from Metformin, resulting in some peripheral numbness in my legs and some burning in my stomach (now cannot eat black pepper) I lost @20 lbs in 1 mo . Once I id d the problem, I stopped immediately. On the way to identifying the source I saw a cardiologist for the shortness of breath (a few months ago now and did a nuclear stress test. He told me my heart and arteries are fine. I do not drink and since I have autoimmune markers to gluten and casein , I avoid wheat and dairy (sometimes eat goat cheese). Can any of the docs help me id why my swelling will not go away (even my ears are swollen!) . Any other labs you need results, feel free to ask-nothing at all was flagged except the glucose by 2 points. Thank you very much, I have been looking up everything from sepsis to shingles to autonomic neuropathy to gastroenteritis and I have no idea by this point
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012