Blurry vision, ringing in the ear and loss of balance. What is wrong? Taking levothyroxine for hypothyroidism

I get to the verge of fainting from time to time. It starts with blurry vision that begins to get darker until I only see the very light and dark parts in the center of my vision. It s followed by a ringing sound and the feeling of being submerged underwater. I then begin to lose balance. this has happened once a month on average over the last year. This process lasts about 5-10 minutes. What could be wrong? I take levothyroxine and have hypothyroidism (confirmed by blood tests). I also take oral contraceptives.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013