Blurry vision of short distance objects, prescribed contacts. Affecting long distance vision. Wrong combination of lenses?

Can you help with eye doctor questions? My husband went to the eye doctor for the first time in decades. His sight is 20/20. The reason for going was due to his sight getting blurry while working on things up close. The doctor has given him now two different types of contacts & neither are working. With the last set he still has to use his cheater glasses to see close & now it s affecting his distance vision . He s about ready to give the whole thing up. What is your recommendation? I wear contacts & have never had a testing period to see what will work or what won t, so I m a little frustrated the doctor hasn t given him the right combination to fix the issue. What do you recommend?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012