Blurriness, difficulty focusing in left eye, dimmer image than right eye. What's this problem ?

Hi. I am a nineteen year old girl who is nearsighted (-2.5 in both eyes). I have had a problem with my left eye for around 5 months. It s been feeling prickly and blurry. It also has trouble focusing, for example when I look at a computer screen it s only clear for one second and then it becomes blurry. I do not have this problem in my right eye (the right eye does not go blurry at all, even after many seconds). The other symptoms that I have been experiencing include that it seems to see a dimmer image than the right eye. The right eye is a clear, crisp image but the left is not. Also when I go from a light room into a dark room, or from a dark room into a light room, it feels like I m not receiving an image from my left eye. It s almost like a screen has been placed in front of it. I first noticed this after I accidentally sprayed some perfume into the left eye 5 months ago. However I have been to many doctors, optometrists, ophthalmologists and even had a CAT scan and apparently everything looks fine. The only thing that a doctor has said is that it could be dry... But eye drops don t seem to fix the problem. Recently when I put in my contacts, my left eye hurt so badly that I had to take them off. I am getting increasingly worried that I am going to have this problem forever and I was wondering what it could be a symptom of. After some research it sounds like a lazy eye? I would really appreciate your medical opinion. Thank you! (Also I don t know if this is relevant but sometimes it feels like my left eye sees higher than the right, in that the object I m looking at shifts slightly upwards when I close the right one. I don t think this is anything though as I had this tested too and I can t tell when both eyes are open).
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013