Blunt trauma to shoulder, neck, head, concussion. MRI shows bulging disc. Shoulder pain. What happened?

Hi, I slipped and fell on ice on sidewalk on February 25th. I weight 110 lbs and am 60 years old. Full impact, my left shoulder hitting the sidewalk. My head snapped completely to right. Blind with white fireworks in my eyes for approx. 15 min. Blunt trauma to shoulder, neck, head, concussion. Had regular xrays of neck and shoulder. No fractures. Had MRI on neck. Bulging disk between C-5 and C-6.( Prior disk fusion 15 years ago between C-4 and C-5.) No problems with my neck related to past surgery prior to fall in February. I'm currently in Pt 2 x/week for fall. Helping a little with neck. Still having excruciating pain in my left shoulder. My Orthopedic Surgeon doesn't feel there is a problem. My PT feels there is a problem. What do you think could have happened? Thank you for your time. Mary
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013