Bluish raised spot on the lower leg due to insect bite. No pain and swelling. Any medication needed?

I was bitten by an insect on my lower leg a week ago while I was mowing my lawn. I thought it was just an ant bite at first, it was just a small raised spot that evening. The next day, the raised spot is gone, but the area becomes purple or blueish about the size of a dime ( looks like a vein has pop!). Now , its been a week, the blueish area is about 1.5 diameter surrounded by a redish area below it about 3 diameter. There is no pain at all, doesnt seem to be swelling , but the colors seem tobe getting darker.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

It looks like you have suffered from an insect bite which has led to a small erythematous patch which is quite common. It requires no special treatment, it will heal on its on.

I hope I have answered your query.

I wish you good health