Bluish, purple spots on leg, painless, disappears when touched and comes back. What is this?

i have three blueish purple spots in a straight line down my right leg. the first showed about two years ago just above the inner right knee . some days it is darker than other days. the second appeared about six months ago just above my inner right ankle. this one as well is darker some days than other days. the third has appeared in the last couple of days on the inside of the right knee and have not had the chance to notice change in color. all three are painless and color disappears at touch and reappears instantly. almost looks as if these are following a vein or something, but definantly a straight line. any ideas are welcome...thanks
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Dec 2013
It appears that you have developed varicose veins. It is due to dilatation of vessels at dependent areas. It is a common problem. you have not told us your age and weight and job profile. It is common in post 40 years of age in persons having obesity and long standing jobs. Meet a surgeon where the veins can be cauterized from its base.