Blue veins in the arm increasing in size, noticeable, arm weakness, no pain. Cause?

Hello, I have noticed over the past two weeks that the large greenish blue veins in my left arm have been increasing in size, not bulging, but wider and much more noticeable and more on the surface of my arms. Right now I noticed it when I was washing my hands and the veins on my palms were very dark blue and then looked at my forearms and those veins were large again. My arm doesn t hurt but it does feel weak.
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
I can see that your are concerned about your condition but more often than not, the presence of these veins is normal. Although to rule out something else, you should consult your doctor and ask him to get a doppler ultrasound of your arm. This investigation is an ultrasound of the veins and arteries of your left arm and hand and this will put your apprehensions to rest.
Do you suffer from diabetes?
Hope you get well soon.