Blotchy, rash like discoloration in pubic area. What could it be?

hello, i have a strange blotchy, rash-like discoloration located in my pubic region, its not very itchy and it is not raised. It is sometimes dried out looking and and is only in my pubic region and the areas between my pubic region and thigh (not on my penis ). The rash is red almost dark red and is scattered only in the pubic region. The sizes of the spots are not big but seem to mash together giving it a blotchy look. please let me know if you know what it could be. im thinking maybe jock itch? but i have only had sex with 1 person in the last 2 years and it does not look like herpes .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013